Saturday 30 November 2013

Hot hot hot

Its been incredibly hot here day in day out, scorching heat its no fun at all! It tries to rain and this just ramps the humidity up and then its like living in a sauna all steamy and muggy- revolting!!
Here I am standing in our driveway
Looks like rain you think its going to pour


Here I turn and face the south


This is the recipe to have us sweltering
Its really bizzare but the rain just scoots around Emerald all the time
Here's the radar of the same day


we thought we were going to cop it, sports functions etc were cancelled, storm warnings given out and guess what---we did not get a drop!! I'm not kidding it all just evaporated!! It was THE talk at work the next day, what hope is there when the radar looked like that and we get squat!!
Its definantly way hotter than last year and we are feeling it in our little flat, it has no ceiling insulation and a flat tin roof so its not pleasant! So you will never guess what Paul got me for a birthday present.......


An air conditioner!!!!!!! I could not believe it!! he totally floored me like I never expected it in a million years but it is THE best present I can not tell you how cool, how divine it makes the room its just heavenly!!! Finally a good nights sleep!!


And I know Matt, my brother & my dad want to know how he rigged it up so this photo is just for you!!!


Now you want to know what's wrapt around it -- a windscreen shade its the only thing we could think of that's insulated to keep the radiant heat of the exhaust down !!! Or we had to buy 60 metres of insulation!
Here's some snap shots off the news the red is drought


Its sooo dry


Here's the diamantina river ,not a drop of water


So we are all waiting for the rain to come.

1 comment:

  1. Great present Sue. I'm sure you will enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete