Saturday 23 February 2013

9 to 5

Thought I'd show you around our work places seeing its what we do the most of up here!

Paul works at the new woolworths (safeway for the victorians reading this) they have literally plonked this new store in a paddock in the middle of nowhere, i think a report was made that the new growth area of Emerald would be out this way and so this is where the new store is, the population is yet to catch on to the idea!! But i must say its Emerald saving grace for retail therapy tho there isn't much least this little bit they do have is a bonanza to the town as people from outlaying areas come specially to shop here now that there is something to shop at! See talking about shops gets me side tracked!! 

Paul and work....here you go, his view out his back door and that thing in the sky isn't a bird its a crop duster


Here comes one of several trucks for Paul to unload

There's 34 pallets waiting for Paul to unload off that b double



This is the control center - Paul's desk



 Now Paul is known for stacking as many pallets as he can on up to the roof and they are impressed by the neatness of his stack!  I think its all the leggo building as a child that has paid off!!!



Now Paul works up a big sweat unloading all these trucks and its thirsty work and he's become quite ingenious at working out ideas to keep his drinks cool, this is his first cool drink model

He collects ice from the deli section and pops it in the foam box and put his drinks in it, the ice would melt and Paul would have to carefully tip the water out but then came along the upgrade

this is way better and has a tap so can drink the ice when it melts!!!
How many drinks does he get through?? - oh about a trolly full!!!

and its all so much better if there's something yummy to enjoy with your drink! Paul's the last stop before the bin so if there's something that looks appealing and not to out of date taste testing is required! you aren't allowed to bring anything home it all must be consumed onsite and consumed it is!




Now for my place of work right in the center of town on a roundabout



And I'm still putting out signs on the footpath!  I remember putting out or bringing in the one at the Imagination Factory was always a challenge!  Not the sign - the WEATHER!  many a time I'd be soaked from doing that job but up here its not even a consideration!! Some mornings I smile to myself and I think of the girls down there in Victoria and I wonder if they're soaked and here I am squinting from the glare off the sign coz its so hot!!!! hee hee


Here I am in my spot - its deserted coz its Saturday and all the sales team is out selling. Paul popped in to say hi and said quick take a photo for the blog!!! thanks Paul.


I don't have pallets to stack but i do have keys and you know i can still go to this cupboard and find the keys you want are missing!!  I do smile coz it was the same at Mitsubishi you could never find the car keys now we can never find the house keys!!!!  I think they go where the socks go in the washing machine - a very special place!!!


 And last but not least  Dave the worker man, he says hes the hardest working one here!! We can really see that!!!  I'll save Daves work  for another post as theres so much to show and say!



2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:24:00 am

    Thanks for the tour Sue. Paul wouldn't eat stuff like that would he?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:37:00 am

    Wow Paul that is a lot of sugar !! I loved seeing where you both work, looking fwd to seeing the hardest one at work LOL. xx Jo B

    ReplyDelete